Gatwick Airport Rail Station Development
The present Gatwick Airport Station experiences significant passenger congestion, both at platform level, and in the existing Station Concourse. Whilst a number of rail improvements to the station were delivered in 2013, the station still suffers from congestion, and passenger circulation is not optimal.
A new Station Concourse will be constructed above Platforms 5, 6 & 7, dedicated to passengers arriving at the Airport. The existing Station Concourse is to be modified to cater for passengers leaving the Airport.
Overview of deliverables
- The Communications sub-systems and associated infrastructure are as follows:
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV);
- Public Awareness Monitor (PAM)
- EN54-16 compliant Public Address (PAVA);
- Access Control
- Customer Information Systems
- Flight Information Displays
- Telephone & Data network;
- CER Equipment Relocations;
- Relocation of Station Operations Room
- Interface with existing Data Communications Equipment and associated demarcation point junction boxes.
“Network Rail and Costain engaging with L.B. Foster early has proved to have been to the great benefit to the MEPT deliverables, working together in one location has allowed us to produce a collaborative set of coordinated deliverables to satisfy the Client’s Brief”.Richard Bell, Project Manager, NG Bailey