A giant leap forward in mobile, always-on digital journey planning for rail passengers is now available from global infrastructure support business L.B. Foster.
Inform Media by L.B. Foster is a comprehensive end-to-end digital information platform that brings together journey planning data feeds from a variety of sources to inform personal and business travel decision making. The integrated hardware and software solution combines the latest in high deﬁnition touchscreen technology with tailored data feeds.
Our new Inform Media platform inﬂuences, services and enhances the total passenger experience across the whole journey. Personalised, consistent, real-time information is tailored to individual travel requirements wherever and whenever the customer needs it.
Inform Media is driven by an extremely powerful media generator. Due to significant development work on the Inform engine is now able to provide plugin applications that support ‘passenger first’ strategies.
- Mature, fully featured digital signage platform
- Suitable for advertising and communication with customers, passengers and staﬀ
Support for Video (WMV, MPG, Mp4), images (BMP, JPG, PNG) Flash, PowerPoint and live data such as RSS feeds or TV streams
- Admin interface is web based and allows the system to be fully managed and monitored by approved users
- System is scalable and multiple organisation structures can be created to ensure messages can be targeted
Core content with prioritised incident and information messaging
- Integrated feeds such as rainbow boards and engineering
- Software developed, tested and supported in house
- Hardware supplied, installed and supported
Although the content delivery method is passive, the content itself is by no means. Our scheduling and priority rules allow the right message to be displayed at the right time, from at-a-glance information for busy commuters during rush hour, to more in-depth, contextual information for tourists and leisure passengers. We can trigger content in response to environmental changes and events; everything from warm weather to station evacuations.