EWOS® switch lock
The EWOS® switch lock by L.B. Foster Rail Technologies is a class-leading, wear-free locking mechanism for rail switches, incorporating a unique, built-in roller system.
Our unique EWOS® switch lock system means lubrication of the switch locking mechanism is no longer required. Switch transitions are made using rollers, resulting in a smooth, even running movement which eliminates the wear associated with sliding friction.
The simplicity of the EWOS® switch lock makes assembly and adjustment significantly easier, whilst its wear-free performance means inspection intervals can be extended up to two years.
- Economical and low maintenance due to extended inspection intervals of up to two years
- No lubrication required
- Protects the drive unit from actuating power surges
- Quick installation and set-up without the need for additional drilling
- Trailable without damaging the components
- Tolerant of ± 25mm longitudinal rail movement
- Switch lock can be quickly retrofitted on almost all points without major expense using existing holes drilled in the rail