EKOS® switch roller system
The EKOS® switch roller system by L.B. Foster Rail Technologies delivers lubrication free switch blade movement.
EKOS® switch rollers are durable, reliable and robust and eliminate the need to lubricate switch slide plates, while simultaneously reducing switch operating forces. EKOS® components can be quickly installed into existing and new points configurations without the need to interfere with the construction of the points themselves; it’s even possible to complete part of the installation during normal track operation.
Originally developed in 1993, the system has been continually improved and developed to exceed customer demands and is proven under heavy axle loads. The EKOS® roller switching systems are available for all forms of rail profile.
- Reliable and smooth switch movements increase switch availability
- Reduced switching forces protect switch drives, extending asset life
- Environmentally friendly, lubricant-free performance
- Simple clamping mechanism provides fast and simple installation
- Reduction in the life cycle costs due to reduced maintenance needs
- Short payback periods.