Our configurable fourth generation PROTECTOR® system accurately targets friction modifying material on the appropriate part of the rail.
When protecting track and reducing fuel consumption are among the top priorities for network operators, friction management offers a high return; from increasing operational efficiency through fuel savings and reduced track maintenance to saving money in rails and sleepers.
Our proven, robust PROTECTOR® application system sets the industry standard. PROTECTOR is designed to apply either gauge face grease or KELTRACK®, our revolutionary friction modifier via our specially designed gauge face distribution bars/blades and top of rail application bars.
- Significant reduction in noise levels
- Targeted curve applications
- No effect on braking or signalling
- Environmentally friendly, non-toxic and non-flammable
- Innovative and compact system is easy to install and consistently delivers a precise, controllable, and reliable application
- Patented double gear pump, ensuring balanced outputs and reducing clogging
- The system’s robust gear pump is proven in-service, reliably applying a wide range of friction control materials
- Digital control box available with Remote Performance Monitoring™ technology
- Capability to fine-tune the distribution of friction modifiers and lubricants through pump run time and activation intervals
- Choice of either Smart Wheel Sensors or Vibration Sensors can be incorporated to detect passing trains.
RPM™ is a powerful tool that provides customers with the capability to monitor and report uptime, maintenance concerns and refilling requirements, in order to proactively manage the equipment installed on track more efficiently.
We offer a range of tank capacities and tank configurations to suit most customer requirements. Our design engineers also create bespoke designs to suit any application.
PROTECTOR® Urban Installations
When installing in urban areas our solutions we can provide solutions for ‘in-street’ or ‘in-ground’ installations to suit the preference of rail operators and local authorities.
Our PROTECTOR® systems are sited on the pavement or at road junctions for In-street applications. They are enclosed in a vandal proof stainless steel cabinet for security and protection.
Distribution bars are placed below ground in galvanized steel enclosures, which are then embedded in the road. The distribution bars are accessible via the steel enclosure tops for routine maintenance and inspection. Once installed our In-street PROTECTOR® system provides a tamper proof solution to rail friction management, whilst still providing road vehicles with an unobstructed route of travel through urban environments.
In locations where restrictions prevent the siting of lubricators above ground, the product reservoir and pumping mechanism is installed below the surface in a steel enclosure. Electronics are housed in a separate cabinet on a wall or pole close to the site. Distribution bars are installed in enclosures as the In-street version or alternatively product is applied through holes drilled in the rails.
PROTECTOR® Wall Mounted Installations
Wall mounted solutions are provided in areas where trackside is limited. Typically wall mounted lubricators will be in tunnel environments with the unit fixed directly to the tunnel wall.
Wall mounted solutions are housed in a slim, vertical cabinet configured to suit the local environment in which they are located.
We provide our customers with comprehensive cost effective friction control solutions. Our engineers partner with customers, freight locomotive and original equipment manufacturers to:
- Identify system challenges
- Measure baseline data
- Establish mutually acceptable performance criteria
- Deliver pertinent solutions.
Our passionate, professional technical staff provide engineering services for product installation, systems maintenance, and long-term customer care. Following installation, we also offer training seminars for vehicle and track personnel and we conduct periodic after-sales system checks to ensure that system benefits are sustained.