Tailoring L.B. Foster's innovative Inform suite to suit the diverse range of user needs that travel daily on public transport.
Train stations are used by thousands of people every day across a very diverse customer base. Within the Inform system we have developed different solutions to allow vital passenger information to reach as many people as possible.
The Inform Interactive application contains the following features:
- High Contrast Mode – Giving the user the ability to drastically change the visuals on screen to a yellow text on black background or white text on black background. This also resets the text font to a standard font.
- Flip Screen – Throughout the application there are many screens where selectable options are split between the top half and the bottom half of the screen. For example, the keyboards are all located in the bottom half with the search results appearing above. The flip screen option exists on every page and allows the user to flip the information between top and bottom allowing access to all information on the screen.
- Multi Languages – All information within the interactive application can be translated into any language pre-defined within the system. Currently translated we have German, French, Spanish, Chinese (simplified), Hindi, Turkish, Hungarian and more can be added with ease!
British Sign Language has been incorporated into the L.B. Foster Inform suite recently through our Inform Messaging solution and our CIS offering.
- Inform Messaging BSL – This allows users of the system to send a free text message to our screens which is also accompanied by an “on the fly” BSL translation video.
- CIS BSL – One of our most recent developments is the ability to display a piece of train departures media also accompanied by a BSL translation, allowing the hard of hearing community access to information usually published on the standard CIS boards.